5/13/2013

"Bright Diamonds"


Met Ball


   I spend the whole year waiting for this event. It's like... All our favorite celebrities there... They shine bright like a diamond and, yes, I was singing Diamond, by Rihanna, who will be here in Spain next June, by the way (Yay!) This year's exhibition theme - Punk: Chaos to Couture - with aplomb, was brethtaking, as usual, so let's have a look to the outfits and rise our hands up: Punk's Not Dead, Hot Couture!



(*Credit: "El diario de la Moda")



   

Beyoncé Knowles


   

(Credit: Vogue UK)


   Beyoncé wore Givenchy Couture by Riccardo Tisci; her flame motif skirt (with matching over-the-knee boots) held to her snakeskin corset by a studded belt. All my friends and relatives know Beyoncé is my idol, and I support her, but when I saw her dressed like this I said: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE 'B'? 
   You know, I love the dress, but the "match" with the top and those boots? Too much for my taste. Anyway, she is still "Hurricane Beyoncé".


Rooney Mara




(*Credit: Vogue UK).


   Rooney Mara wore a custom-made white plunging gown by Givenchy Couture by Riccardo Tisci. Two words: Sexy and sophisticated. And I love her black lips. It's like an old picture: In Black and White! Yeah, I must admit that I'm a huge fan of this woman and her style. She's always perfect!


Sienna Miller



(*Credit: "Elle Magazine").


   Sienna Miller got punked-out from head to perfectly pedicured toe at Monday's Met Gala.The star accessorized her white Burberry dress and spike-adorned leather jacket with a spiky headband. But the actress didn't stop there. She wore spikes on her fingertips too! Her appearance – and outfit – fuelled more rumours that she will be the new face of the house, but as yet neither she nor Burberry are making any comment. 
   You know what I love the most about her? Yeah, perhaps she is not a talented actress, or not the most talented one, but she is a fashion expert in every single way. She always gets what's in, takes it and makes it hers. It's like fresh air in Summertime and, this time, I think she got the theme and took it to a whole new level.


Emma Watson



(*Credit: "Elle Magazine").


   Emma Watson in a Prabal Gurung custom-made gown – with a thigh-high slit - which is based on a design from the autumn/winter 2013-14 collection. Yeah, once, I told I loved her. This time, I have to say I'm still in love with her, but I love her DRESS more than I LOVE her. Seeing her now, it's like seeing a different Emma, and I'm quite happy for that. I do miss "Hermione", but I prefer this Emma. 

   With this dress, she shows, but just what she has to. So elegant and chic! Nothing more to say about her, just speechless.


Sarah Jessica Parker



(*Credit: Vogue UK).


   Sarah Jessica Parker wore a Giles Deacon ballgown with Philip Treacy Mohican headpiece, Repossi jewellery and tartan over-the-knee boots. Definitely, I declare her look as the most amazing look of the night. Have you seen that Philip Treacy punk couture hat? She followed the theme. This is what Punk is all about. Who cares if she looks rodiculous? (She doesn't). We have to deal with it, she is one of the only people who always gets it right at this event. Anyway, I miss "Manolo's" on her feet, but those Louboutin boots were outstanding too!   





Anne Hathaway



(*Credit: Elle Magazine").


   Anne Hathaway wore this amazing, vintage Valentino sheer dress. I have nothing to say about her outfit, it was (Obviously) perfect, but when I saw her I didn't recognise her at all! I thouhgt it was Miley Cyrus. Yeah, the actress revealed a new platinum blonde hair colour. I can't believe it. It's weird seeing her, but I must admit that it doesn't matter what she wears or does with her hair, she's always perfect. However, I prefer Brown Anne.


Jennifer Lawrence




(*Credit: Vogue UK.).


   Lawrence is becoming a fashion icon lately. We don't have to mention her  name to know who she is: such a talented and beautiful actress! Wearing that  Christian Dior strapless dress with Dior jewels, Brian Atwood heels and a Jennifer Behr veiled headpiece, she was a-m-a-z-i-n-g. I have to add the :O face.


Gisele Bündchen



(*Credit: Vogue USA)


   Gisele Bündchen arrived in sky high heels on the arm of her husband, Tom Brady, to the Costume Institute Benefit in NYC on Monday nighT. Gisele's black Anthony Vaccarello dress showed off some skin, and she threw up some hand signs to embrace the night's theme on the red carpet. Gisele chose a daring look from designer Anthony Vaccarello for the event, which celebrated the Punk: Chaos to Couture exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It must be nice to be a supermodel -- you know, so you don't have to wear pesky clothes all of the time. She was good, not one of her best looks, but she was beautiful: simple, but sexy.




Katy Perry



(*Credit: Vogue UK)


   Given that Katy Perry's latest perfume is named Killer Queen, it's only appropriate for her to be rocking a crown to fashion's biggest night. With a bedazzled portrait of the Virgin Mary emblazoned on her chest, the 28-year-old attended the star-studded soiree with her dress' designers, Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana.

   I have to say that she's one of my favorite singers, but I don't like what she's wearing. She is always different, at the time of choosing an outfit, but I think that, this time, she has chosen wrong. I do love the dress, but the crown? Too much for my taste. I think she would have been perfect with the dress and a simple hairstyle. However, it is true she is a QUEEN.



   Well, if you want to see more outfits, go and check Vogue UK and Vogue US. You'll love it!





 Kiss, Kiss.



No comments:

Post a Comment