1/19/2014

"The Perks of being a Wallflower".




   Have you ever felt sad and happy at the same time? Have you ever laughed at the top of your lungs and cried a river? Crush of feelings, right?. Well, this is exactly how I felt after watching The Perks of being a Wallflower. Amazing, superb, breathtaking, touching, funny and hilarious. But with all these words I can't even express how magnificet this film was, which I absolutely give my approval.


   "You have the love you think you deserve".

    "The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a beautiful yet tragic story of a boy named Charlie who is haunted by his past. The movie didn't feel like another 'teen flick'. It didn't even feel like a movie. I felt much like I was there. I could feel the pain and the joy the cast was trying to express, and this tells a lot about their performances and the film itself. I didn't want it to end, but I was also eager to know what was hidden by the characters. It was absolutely amazing. Thus, I think I've never felt so amazed as I did in my whole life. And all because of the movie. I must admit that I thought it would be another "teen-drama movie", but I was wrong. The story caught me and made me feel weak and strong at the same time. Characters weren't "empty". Just because they were all teenagers it doesn't really mean you have to be a fool. Their hearts themselves hid more than I could ever have imagined. They had a story to tell, and that is exactly what they did. Otherwise, I have to praise that the director was, indeed, the writer of novel of the same name, Stephen Chbosky. I think this fact adds more point to the film, because we can truly see what the writer wanted to tell (and that's quite hard when we see a film adaptation).

   Talking about the cast, we have to mention Emma Watson, who was pretty good. I have always said she has a great potential as an actress, and she is really showing us her strength and passion for making good films. But this time, if we have to praise a performance, I think it would be Lerman's. When I first saw him was in Percy Jackson films, and he didn't catch my attention. I thought he was great, but nothing serious to talk about. Well, I have to say he has hushed me in this one. Logan showed some qualities that I've just seen in great actors. I think is going to make something huge in the film industry.

   And what about the soundtrack? Despite the fact I love "The Smiths", I have to say that each song was perfectly picked out. They all matched with the scene and helped me to understand a bit more about characters' feelings. 

   It really woths a watch, guys. You should watch it, indeed.

Kiss,Kiss.

1 comment: