3/29/2013

"Chanel": Symbol of Elegance.

   "In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different", said Coco Chanel. "Fashion is not simply a matter of clothes. fashion is in the air, born upon the wind. One intuits it. It is in the sky and on the road"

      Yes, Gabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel was the greatest designer of her "époque". But, actually, her empire was, is and will be the one on which the sun never sets.


Coco Chanel.
            (*Credit: Weheartit.)




   I saw "Coco Chanel (film) " last night. Chanel has always been one of my favourite fashion brands ever. Indeed, Coco Chanel is my "artist hero", so I think it would be lovely writing about this amazing woman who rose an empire from the dust.

   When I think of a hero, I think of someone who has made it on their own, someone who stands up for what they believe in, someone who a significant change when it was needed. Someone like Coco Chanel. Coco Chanel liberated women from their common stereotypical uniform and from their "caves". She showed the world her passion for fashion and wasn't afraid of failing, and that's what I love the most about this woman: she was a genius!


   Fashion fades, only style remains the same.” Coco Chanel


   Also, it seems I see Coco Chanel everywhere these days. She is always present in every magazine I read, I was given her book for my birthday, in every single fashion blog I enter to... But that is ok, her style will never die in fashion. She kicked it very hard.


(*Credit: Style icons.)

   Coco's style.

   Coco Chanel created a particular style. But, what are the characteristics of it? Well...

   
  • Simplicity, elegance and comfort: the key elements of her style.
  •  Black and white: colors she often stuck to.
  • Nautical: many garments were inspired by sailor and nautical themes and often featured stripes.
  • Men’s wear: she had an ability to transform men’s wear into elegant and comfortable feminine clothes.
  • Lots of accessories: large and plentiful fake pearl necklaces were often featured in her outfits.
  • The little black dress: Chanel has been credited as the ‘inventor’ of this wardrobe staple in 1926.
  • Focus on style and not trends.


   Iconic designs:


(*Credit: Pinterest.)

   Coco Chanel is a fashion icon. Her personal life was filled with one scandal after another but she defined modern style more than any other designer. The 2.55 bag, little black dress, the Chanel suit, ropes of pearls – all classics. Even her perfume (No.5) is still popular. She changed the way women dress. She was ahead of her time. I admire every item she ever sent down a runway.


(*Credit: Google Images)


   Chanel through the years.

   
(*Credit: weheartit: Chanel.)

   In 1983, Karl Lagerfeld took over as chief designer for Chanel. Like Chanel, he looked into the past as inspiration for his designs. But, with the latest collection, I think Lagerfeld has "lost the essense of the Firm". I'm not telling that they are gruesome... Coco Chanel's spirit is still there:


Chanel- collection 2013.
(*Credit: Vogue Australia.)


   I just say, I don't know, I miss "the touch of Coco Chanel". the new looks are beautiful, but where are the hude pocket, loose dresses and men's style that characterized Chanel?

   Also, the accessories are...different. I know that "different" is a good thing, and we have to "live" in this Century, where everything has changed... But those bags?


(*Credit: Vogue Spain).

   Anyway, Chanel has, is and will be one the biggest brands of the world.


"There have been several Duchesses of Westminster but there is only one Chanel!"- Coco Chanel.


kiss,kiss.




   











No comments:

Post a Comment