3/28/2013

How do you say FASHION in Japanese?

   I have always loved Japan: it's got a great mix of ancient temples and ultramodern technology as well, you can still see people walking around in traditional kimono any day of the week. I also love sushi, its philosophy and the Japanese Landscape. But, as you know, what I love the most in life is fashion... So, imagine fashion and Japon, "they both together"... Yeah, these days, they have held the Japan Fashion Days: Tokyo Fashion Week!



Collection Report: Ten of the forty wonderful shows.



G.V.G.V

   The brand is known for its heavily thematic collections, and with this "Tokyo Fashion Week"-which kicked off late Sunday- shows how magical it can be.
   I really love all the pieces: full knee-length skirts, fitted dresses, leather straps, corsets with laces and tiny bow details. I also like the tones: black, white and gray pieces! I think it was a perfect collection, created by Mug.      There is an amazing "mix" of feminity and masculinity, which makes me feel free.



G.V.G.V


   Ritsuko Shirahama.

   Ritsuko Shirahama is a womenswear brand with a solid reputation. Shirama presents us loose pieces with short, black dresses; big hats and a lot of details which enlighten the collection. Some stripes are also used by the designer.

   On one hand, I love the "futuristic view" of the collection. It reminds me of some of my dreams, where I can see future through meditation. The old Japon comes also to my mind and I simply love it... It left me speechless.

   On the other hand, I don't like the hats so much. I hate when accessories hide your face. I know they are beautiful and pieces of art, but they are too big for my taste. Anyway, it was an amazing collection.


Ritsuko Shirahama.


   Fur Fur.

   Koichi Chida kept things almost entirely monochromatic at Fur Fur this season, almost all long, black dresses. The designer presented, as I said, several long, black, tank dresses and he introduced, in some of them, minimal variations.

   They were all loose dresses, made of tulle. In the show, the designer turned out some looks featuring drop-crotch pants and jackets with sleeves, which remind me of a kimono.

   I really love the collection, but I think it was a bit boring, I mean, all dresses were similar, with neutral tones. I don't know, I think it was monotonous.


Fur Fur


   Nitz Schneider.

   Crème de la Crème! Nitz Schneider has focused his collection in dark tones: red, green, black, electric blue... I like the collection, but I think they are not the kind of pieces we'd wear for going out. It's art and I love that! But, what I loved the most? Well, the contrast of "light and dark", tones over tones... Ypu should check the shoes, they are so cute! They match with the clothes perfectly.


Nitz Schneider.


   Yukiko Hanai.

   Layers, floral prints, laces... Yukiko Hanai showed knee-length dresses in scarlet, black and blue tones. I love the long black dresses with white tops and hude ties. They are a "classic" in fashion and remind me too much of "Audrey Hepburn Style".


Yukiko Hanai.


   Yuma Koshino.

   With an aesthetic style, Koshino presented some brightly-colored blazers in the Tokyo Fashion Week. Electric tones, short dresses, boots...The collection has a futuristic view. Some of the pieces are decorated with dark spots.

   The fusion of the colors makes me blush. I didn't like the collection at all at the first sight, but when i saw it again- over and over again- I fell in love. I do like the tones and those layers.


Yuma Koshino.


   Yoshibo Kubo.

   Yoshibo Kubo's collection may have been slightly more toned down compared to some of his previous offerings, but it has the same "street-style".

    Kubo showed suits in gray and black tones, but they have several details which enlighten the pieces.

     I really love the wide capes and varsity jackets. They are just amazing!


Yoshibo Kubo.


   1Piu 1 Ugualc.

  Tomohiro Ozawa made his Tokyo fashion week show with several tough-guy looks, with a lot of motorcycle and military-inspired jackets. Camouflage was also there, with a "brief appearence".

  Ozawa's women's looks were simple, but beautiful. They were skin-tight leather pants, which I love! I really like these kind of looks... They are simple, but always chic. Perhaps, the negative part of them, if there's one, is that some pieces may be uncomfortable.


1 Piu 1 Ugualc.


   Motonari Ono.

   With Motonari Ono's collection, we could see a men's wear inspiration. Using short pieces, checked suiting fabrics, floral prints and pencil skirts, the collection left me speechless. It's so beautiful. I also love the peplum dresses and the fitted jackets.

     This Collection is one of the best in the whole Tokyo Fashion Week.


Motonari Ono.


   Factotum.

  Koji Udo moved toward an early Sixties retro themes.

  Looks included slim, short pants, with a series of printed jackets and quitted coats. I love the collection because it's fresh and stylish. Personally, I think I'd buy some of the pieces...They're totally amazing and you'll get a formal outfit, but being cool and feeling young at the same time. I think it's really hard that a brand achieves that, but Factotum did it.

   I simply love it!


Factotum.







   *Credits: Japan Fashion Week website.


   Oh, I almost forgot: 流行 (ryuukou) or はやり (hayari) are the Japanese words for "Fashion".


   Kiss, Kiss.




   

No comments:

Post a Comment