4/01/2013

Put your "Petite Robe Noire" on...

   Bonsoir!

   I have a friend, Loupy, who is in love with Guerlain Women's Perfume: "La Petite Robe Noire", so I decided to try this new fragance when I went walking this afternoon, after having some of the butter cookies she baked yesterday.





(*Credit. Google Images)




    I was excited when I asked for the fragance... And I fell madly in love with the bottle! Inspired by the elegance and eternity of a little black dress, the perfume exudes Parisian chic and gracefulness.

   I smelled it from the bottle, for the very first time, in the perfume boutique. I found it very sweet, ordinary, cherry like scent, but,on person, it smells very different. For me, first notes of this fragrance are shocking, too aggressive, too vibrant. I really wanted to scrub it out of my wrist immediately. 
However, with time it changes into moderate. Next notes are much better.

   But something is true: it reminds me of my favourite cherry ice cream, the one I used to eat when I went to visit my grandparents. However, it's too sweet.





(*Credit: Weheartit)



   

   I don't know...It's just that this fragance has a real unpleasant fruity syrup not particulary dense, but unbalanced, synthetical and overshadowed by a strong locorice, berries, patchouli kind of boozy-candied dominant chord. The latter is too much syrupy ( in  fruity/chemical sweet way) to permit a refined floral vibe turning out with grace and subtle complexity. I detect the anisy/almondy touch in the final part of the olfactory development while the rosev character is overcasted and altered by a bombastic fruity (Cherry/blackberry) patchouli.

  I didn't like it so much, I think I was expecting a bit more from it. But that's why they say "everyone to his own taste", right?


(*Credits: "Peonies and lilies" blog)


Kiss,Kiss.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh, qué mono. ¡Qué ilusió aparecer en tu blog! :-D Y sí, estoy enamorada de este perfume, jajaja. Lo necesito. Es... es... Aish.
    ¡Besos!

    ReplyDelete