4/02/2013

"The Devil wears Prada"

   Hey guys!

   Did you remember "Do you believe in Zodiac Signs?",one of my previous posts? Yes, the one where I mentioned one of my favourite films: "The Devil wears Prada"?


Meryl Streep as Miranda Priestly
in the film: "The Devil wears Prada"


   I remember I said: "But what you don't know is that that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise. It's not lapis. It's actually cerulean. And you're also blithely unaware of the fact that in 2002, Oscar de la Renta did a collection of cerulean gowns. And then I think it was Yves Saint Laurent... wasn't it who showed cerulean military jackets?"

 Well, in 2002, de la Renta showed Russian Cossack hats, lavishly embroidered coats trimmed with fur and some beautiful pale pink and gold gowns, but no cerulean. Saint Laurent announced his retirement in January that year; his final couture collection was a retrospective. Tom Ford, who was then designing YSL ready-to-wear, was busy making leopard-print caftans and black velvet skirt suits. Anyway, the film was great!


Not cerulean!
(*Credit: "The New York Times")

   Anyway, I still love cerulean...


(*Credit: Wikipedia)

   ...So, I decided to show you some of the "fashion items" I chose for you with Polyvore:



   Or some catwalk examples:


(*Credit: "El Mundo")

   So, I declare "Cerulean" as the color of the week!




Kiss, Kiss.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment